- Botanical name: Allium Cepa L.
Odor: Pungent, disagreeable, very lasting odor
Color : Clear light yellow to golden yellow liquid
- Egypt produces: 1000 – 1300 kg/yr.
- Produced mainly in Fayoum and Beni Souif
- Status: 100% Pure & Natural
- Production Method: Essential oil produced by steam distillation from the bulb.
- Uses: Used in aromatherapy products, for culinary purposes, natural allergy medicine, medicine, and other pharmaceuticals. Used as a flavoring.
- The onion is a biennial and a perennial plant. It offers several health benefits; Anthelmintic, depurative, antirheumatic, anti-infectious, bactericidal, antispasmodic, etc.