- Botanical name: Citrus aurantium L.
Odor: Slightly fluorescent, with flowery odor
Color : Light-yellow to amber-yellow liquid
- Egypt produces: 150 – 200 kg/yr.
- Produced mainly in Gharbeya
- Production Method: An essential oil is produced by hydrodistillation of the freshly picked flowers.
- Uses: Used to flavor pharmaceuticals, and in perfumery. Also used in food, drink flavoring and cosmetics
- The properties of neroli are sedative, antiseptic,anti¬toxic, antispasmodic, tranquillizing, etc.