- Botanical name: Matricaria chamomilla L.
Odor: Strong, sweetish, herbaceous odor.
Color : Blue viscous oil
- Egypt produces: 1 000-1 200 kg/yr
- Produced mainly in Beni Souif and Fayoum
- Status: 100% Pure & Natural
- Production Method: steam-distillation from the flowering heads.
- Chamomile (Blue) essential oil,, is one of the best aromatherapy oils for treating inflammation for its calming properties. The blue color comes from chamazulene, this has powerful healing properties .
- Application: Used as a flavoring agent, and in perfumes.